Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My New Silhouette Cameo.

Hello Everyone!! Hey, I am getting better about posting!! It's only been a month since my last post....lol.

I got my Silhouette Cameo about 3 weeks ago and finally got brave enough to take it out of the box today...lol. I think I did the same thing when I got my Cricut Expression too. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! Now, I love my Expression too, but this machine can do those itty bitty tensy weensy cuts that the E just putzes out on. I have been playing with the software since before I got the machine, and I actually bought the upgrade to the Designer Edition right after I got it so I could use svg files with it it. I have a ton of those since I have SCAL too. The free version doesn't have the svg capability. I am really anxious to try the print and cut feature with some digi stamps. I THINK you can print them out, color them in, then open the file again and cut them. At least from what I understand it should work like that. You might have to print and then cut first, then color. I do know you can color them in right in the software if you want, but I think that would kind of take the fun out of stamping. And then what would I do with all those Copics I bought?? I guess I will have to figure it all out..lol.

While I love it all, I do think there is still room for improvement with the software, but I am slowly figuring out how to make it do what I want. I made a test cut and played with it for a while today. I was just using some cheap white cardstock from Walmart to check it out but it cut it like a dream.  So here is my first cut!!


Sorry about the glare. I had it stuck to my Nook cover, then the camera took 2 pictures and died...lol. If you look close at the flower centers they have little spiky thingers and the Cameo cut them perfect. I was impressed. I think this would be soo pretty on a card.  And as you can see from my next picture I had lots of little helpers checking out the Cameo with me...lol. I am in a Mini Me swap with a group of girls and these are the dolls I have got so far. I am hoping to have mine completed and hopefully mailed by the end of the week . I will post pictures after the girls get them. Can't spoil the surprise because mine are definitely going to be funny...lol. The idea is to make the 5" dolls look like you and then you take them on adventures. It's just a fun kooky swap.


I also got a file tonight from the Silhouette store for a pop up birthday card. My granddaughter is going to be 9 Saturday so I thought I would try to make it tomorrow for her. Wish me luck!! I will post pictures of it when I get it all done. I am nervous about making it because it will be the first card I have made in a long time and on a new machine too. I am sure it will be fine.

Let's see. What else has been going on around here? The house is coming along pretty well. I am still seesawing about getting a housekeeper to come in though. I am getting through it slowly but surely on my own and it is looking better and better every day. I do need someone to come in and wash walls and do the deep cleaning but other than that, I think if I keep plugging away at it, I will be fine. My 2nd grandson is going to be staying here while he is home from college this summer and he is an enormous help to me. He will help me finish setting up the 2 bedrooms and do some repairs I need done. I talked to him earlier tonight and he said he would help me rearrange the craft room if I needed him to. He is a sweetie.

Oh!! I have 2 new roommates...lol. I am not real thrilled about them either, but it is turning out alright. Their names are Cocoa and Jade and they are my granddaughters cats. Cocoa is jet black and Jade is Siamese. Her Dad moved to an apartment where he can't have pets. My daughter can't have pets either. So guess who got stuck with the cats. Now how do you turn down those big brown eyes and a little girl asking you, "Gramma, will you please keep my kitties until we move again"...lol. Yes, I am a sucker when it comes to my grandkids. I think my daughter put her up to asking me though because I had been telling her NONONO!! I have no pets myself and I like it that way.

My daughter couldn't find anyone else to take them and it was to the point they were going to have to go to the animal shelter if I didn't take them. I just couldn't do that to my granddaughter so now I have 2 cats for probably at least the next year. They are both about 7 years old and fixed and actually very well trained. They really don't get up on the furniture and I have NEVER caught them on my table or counters. I did have a problem with them digging in my houseplants at first but I fixed their little wagons. I went to Home Depot and got a bag of rocks and put them on top of the dirt. Problem solved...lol.  My problem is the cat hair. They are shedding just clumps of hair all over my floors and making a ton of work for me trying to vacuum it every few days. My daughter is supposed to come over this weekend and give them baths and get them brushed out real good so hopefully that will help. As much as I hate to admit it, they do make me laugh every day with their antics. My daughter told me Jade was the dumbest cat she has ever seen and boy is she right...lol.

OK, I am going to try to be better about posting. I will post the birthday card after I finish it and my Mini Me doll after I get them mailed out. I am sure that I will have a new project for you every now and again too since I have this new machine and I actually am hoping I can maybe do some designing on my own with it eventually. Ok, I am heading to Pinterest for a bit and then to bed. Night All!!

2 comments:

  1. Pleased you are enjoying your Cameo Pam and thank you fro joining my blog. I will add yours to my Blog List. look forward to seeing more of your projects.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam, found you on shirley's blog so thought I'd say hello. I too have the new silhouette cameo and the cricut expressions...love using them both and scal I use on my old cricut...have joined your blog and keeping in touch..cheers aussie annie

    ReplyDelete